Location: CA Bay Area or Seattle
Regional Coverage for: No CA, Oregon, Washington, Utah
Talari Networks is the leader in proven SD-WAN and edge solutions for the next generation of WAN networking. Talari is looking for brilliant and dedicated Network Solution Architect to accelerate our growth. The FSA role works in tandem with a dedicated regional sales manager to evangelize Talari’s cutting edge solutions to channel partners and direct enterprise clients. In addition, the FSA is the tip of the spear well backed by a deep bench of experienced, motivated and dedicated pre-sales Corporate Solution Architects and Implementation Solution Engineers. This position reports to Talari’s Filed Solution Architect Manager.
Your contributions in the role will include:
- Attends and participates in trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events
- Develop and support strong channel partner technical competence
- Provides partners within region a single point of contact for technical interactions
- Work closely with Talari RSMs to build new business via lead nurturing and prospecting
- Work closely with channel partners and channel partner technical staff on education and assisting with channel originated opportunities
- Maintain contact with accounts on-site, via phone, web meetings, or email to maintain relationship and trusting sharing of problems, solutions, and opportunities.
- The role will be traveling or meeting in person with clients approximately 25% of the time
Solution Value Assessment:
- Acquire deep understanding of customer’s networks and technical challenges that Talari’s solutions may be able to address and add value.
- Manages and interprets customer requirements – understand, anticipate to meet clients and prospects needs through continual relationship building and sharing
- Execute deep diligence of an opportunities incumbent network solutions for opportunities and risks for Talari’s solutions.
- Thoroughly educate prospects on Talari’s tangible value to their business with depth of knowledge of the Talari and others venders solutions
- Establish prospect business value the Talari solution
- Prepares and delivers technical product and architecture presentations at the Director and CIO level
- Provide consultation on network architectural choices and tradeoffs for deployment of Talari’s products in production networks
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of a network design proposal for customer trials with clear enumeration of success criteria
- Establish technical solution feasibility and risks of success criteria achievement prior to deployment, trial or proposal.
- Prepare and deliver a network design proposal for customer trials with clear enumeration of success criteria and time table for success achievement.
- Provide direct hands-on training of customer’s technical staff on the features and use of the Talari Solution
- Lead responses to technical portions of RFPs, RFQs and RFIs proposals
- Assume the lead role for the preparation, creation, delivery, and presentation of a network design proposal to prospects for trials and production deployments.
Validation of solution:
- Actively participates in the Talari configuration development to meet the design criteria
- For non-standard Talari solutions, role is directly responsible for assuring or performing pre-staging and testing within Talari labs the solution to trial to assess and reduce risk and assure customer satisfaction
- On-site/Remote lead role during installation, initial configuration, and turn up of Talari systems and on-call to handle customer issues as needed
- Project manages trials for success and time to completion driving closing of business
- Proposes proper mix of products for quotes that achieves Talari value proposition to the client.
Sustaining and expanding the value of solution:
- Assists technical support for accounts within their territory to retain trust and relationship
- Responsible for consultation on follow on network architectural choices and tradeoffs for deployment of Talari’s products in production networks
- Work closely with RSMs to expanding current business opportunities.
- Driving Business Success:
- Contribute to meeting revenue targets by providing pertinent, timely and on-going customer technical information flow to CRM database
- Assists in opportunity realization by driving business to close, purchase and revenue
- Participates in continual technical vitality on Talari’s technical solution, competitive landscape, and industry trends. This may be via direct training at Talari corporate as well as self-directed training.
Your Experiences / Background will include:
- Use in-depth technical knowledge to prepare and deliver technical product and architecture presentations at the Director and CIO level
- Microsoft office suite tools, including Power Point, Visio, Word creating network proposals and assessments
- Effective and professional written, verbal and visual skills to present solutions to individual clients to CIO levels of customers and partners
- Ability to translate technical features and concepts into tangible customer business benefits
- Maintains records of customer communication and sales activity in SFDC and established internal communication systems
- Report weekly status on customer engagements and trials
- Experience and expertise architecting the use and implementing industry standard gear such as routers, switches, and firewalls
- Direct expertise in Cisco IOS CLI for configuration of policies, access control lists, and syntax in routers and firewalls
- Direct expertise:
- L1/L2 WAN/LAN Networking including Ethernet, VLAN, TDM, Wi-Fi, Satellite, LTE, MPLS, etc.
- L3 networking IPv4 and IPv6 routing protocols including iBGP, eBGP, OSPF, and EIGRP
- L4/L5 networking TCP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, and VoIP as well as application optimization and WAN Optimization techniques
- Network Security implementations including firewall, IPsec VPNs, AES, etc.
- Cloud solutions including SaaS, IaaS, AWS, Azure, cloud Security, hosted Voice, etc.
- Traffic engineering techniques and methods for QoS via routers and WANs
- Very strong troubleshooting skills and methods as well as hard-earned experience in risk mitigation and KISS principle
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Routing and Switching, Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional (CCIP) or equivalent industry certifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater/equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience supporting technical sales of complex network solutions to corporate accounts
- Collaborates with the customer and Corporate based pre-sales SA team, post sales Implementation Engineers, and post-sales support to ensure full cycle proof and solution and customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to building ”Best Practices” among peers in sales and systems engineering
- Effectively and responsibly relay customer input and demands to Talari’s Product Marketing and Engineering teams to improve our product
- Work with product management on future roadmap concepts and use cases for clients as well as judiciously share future concepts to clients.
Submit your resume via LinkedIn
**For this role, Talari is NOT accepting resumes from Third parties.