Talari appliances deployed in the main office and branches/remote offices are fully managed by Talari's advanced APN management application. Additionally, complete view of APN network usage and quality is presented to the user in graphical and tabular views. For enterprises using 3rd party nework management systems, Talari supports industry standard management interfaces such as SNMP.
Network Health Assessment and Display
Talari's network management application continuously monitors the health of the APN network paths and measures IP performance metrics. Network statistics and measurement results are collected in real-time, aggregated at multiple levels and displayed to the user. Observed protocols, as well as statistics on each of them are also available to the user.
Performance Reports produce graphical views reflecting network performance and activity. Possible reports include: Conduit and Path Latency, Quality, Packet Loss and Bandwidth use between APN nodes.
QoS Reports allow the user to select a site, WAN link, path or conduit to display a stacked area chart showing used bandwidth for various types of traffic such as real-time or bulk.
Usage Reports display used bandwidth for Conduit, Intranet and Internet services for each WAN link.
Availability Reports provide aggregated statistics on status of APN network paths, conduits and WAN links allowing the administrator to assess the functioning status of the network.
Appliance Reports offers the user the option to generate numerous appliance-specific system and network statistical reports.
APN Network Management
Talari's network management application provides:
- Advanced centralized change management feature to upgrade the appliances software and apply configuration changes through the network
- APN Configuration Editor application with intuitive graphical user interface, allowing the user to view and change the current setup and add/remove sites
- APN Network Fault Management features such as restart or reboot APN, Enable/Disable/Purge Flows
- Support for SNMP v1 and v2c, as well as Netflow v5. Private MIBs are available
- SNMP traps and alerts, Netflow reporting, syslog reporting, and email reporting with configurable alert mechanisms
- Trigger setup and email notifications
- Periodic status reporting
APN Appliance Management
Talari's appliance management feature provides the same functions as the ones available for the APN network but at a site level and for a single Talari appliance.
Talari Networks' APN supports TACACS+ & RADIUS authentication for management access to the APN.
Troubleshooting and Diagnosis
Multiple diagnosis features are provided to facilitate troubleshooting once problems occur. Users can manage and view log files, use a Ping or Traceroute utility, perform a packet capture and download the capture file, or view system information.