With the cost of MPLS circuits and bandwidth high compared to broadband, and broadband getting…
ONUG Software Defined WAN Testing Validation – Talari Passes with Flying Colors as Expected
It’s no surprise to us that ONUG validated our Software Defined WAN solution against their key IT requirements. This extensive, 3-month long testing process was conducted by Ixia in conjunction with ONUG and the results were unveiled at the Open Networking User Group (ONUG) Conference at Columbia University.
Talari successfully demonstrated SD-WAN requirements 1 through 8 using Talari’s Adaptive Private Networking (APN) operating software and the Talari Appliances T3010, T510 and Virtual Appliance T500. The following important criteria were successfully demonstrated during the verification test:
• The ability to direct traffic across Hybrid WANs according to company policy and application type;
• Ability to detect a link failure and move traffic to remaining links;
• Ability to apply prioritization policies to specific applications under congestion caused by link failure;
• Line, flow and application-level dashboards; and
• Network consisting of a Talari physical appliance and a Talari virtual appliance.
During the test scenarios, Talari demonstrated almost instantaneous detection of the failed link and shift of traffic to the remaining links with no loss, no out of order packets and virtually no jitter. The test conditions realistically mirrored those of Talari’s many customers who run hybrid WANs with a mix of applications and we were able to publicly demonstrate the functionality our customers take advantage of every day with a THINKING WAN from Talari.
To learn more about a Software Defined WAN that thinks for itself and adapts to changing conditions without any impact to end users and application performance, even in the face of failed or degraded network links, schedule a personalized demo.