Database Developer Software Engineer
Talari Networks is a leader in SD-WAN market recognized by leading analysts and awarded by the industry. We have thousands of deployments of our 5th generation product. We are looking for exceptional Senior Database Developers that thrive in an innovative, fast pace team environment. We look for individuals that enjoy the challenge of working in emerging fields of Software Engineering. Ready to break out of the box? At Talari, you’ll contribute in multiple areas to define what is possible in our exciting market. This is a rare opportunity to get involved at a mid-stage startup as a member of an amazing industry leading engineering team.
Talari’s engineering culture is fast paced, high tempo, and results driven. It focuses on an individual’s personal and professional growth and development in a tight knit team environment with continual feedback. Team success drives its members, not individual workplace politics. Talari values productivity over busy. Our diverse team is comprised of members from around the world as well as next door who all value showing up to work ready to contribute in an outstanding way every day. To facilitate direct person to person collaboration, Talari’s team-centric culture primarily requires engineers to work from our Morrisville, NC office but occasional work-from home days are permitted.
- Design, develop, and implement database systems based on customer requirements
- Participate in database design and architecture to support application development projects for multi-tenant and SaaS usage
- Evaluate existing database and recommend improvements for performance efficiency
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentation for assigned database projects
- Ensure data quality and integrity in databases
- Identify and optimize any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures, and triggers to support application development
- Develop database queries using PHP and Perl, as needed
- Perform code reviews for developer written database functions
- Test databases and perform bug fixes
- Develop security procedures to protect databased from unauthorized usage
- Establish best practices for database design and development activities
- Proven work experience as a Database Developer is a MUST
- Minimum of 8-12 years as a contributor on a Software Development Team, specializing in Database Development
- Experience in Modeling and developing Multi-tenant databases
- Familiarity with PHP and Perl
- Experience with multiple SQL database technologies, including MySQL
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases, Time Series Databases a PLUS
Skills & Requirements
- Strong knowledge of software development and UI web applications
- Skilled with database migration planning, tools, and validation
- Ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- In-depth understanding of data management (permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in replying to all applicants within 24 – 48 business hours of receiving your resume. Our interview process encompasses several stages, including a phone interview and an in-person interview!
This gives us a chance to get to know you better, professional and technically, while you get the opportunity to better understand our culture and the work that drives us! Please send your resume to Talarifirstname.lastname@example.org and we look forward to speaking with you!