Network Engineer, Senior
Work Location: Morrisville, NC
About the Job
Talari Networks is a leader in the SD-WAN market recognized by leading analysts and awarded by the industry. We have thousands of deployments of our 5th generation product. We’re looking for exceptional Network Engineers that thrive in an innovative, fast pace team environment. We look for individuals that enjoy the challenge of working in emerging fields of Network Engineering. Ready to break out of the box? At Talari, you’ll contribute in multiple areas to define what is possible in our exciting market. This is a rare opportunity to get involved at a mid-stage startup as a member of an amazing industry leading engineering team.
Talari’s engineering culture is fast paced, high tempo, and results driven. It focuses on an individual’s personal and professional growth and development in a tight knit team environment with continual feedback. Our diverse team is comprised of members from around the world as well as next door who all value showing up to work ready to contribute in an outstanding way every day. To facilitate direct person to person collaboration, Talari’s team-centric culture primarily requires engineers to work from our Morrisville, NC office but occasional work-from home days are permitted.
- Responsible for being a key contributor to the Networking Engineering & Support Team
- Creates, develops, and executes complex architecture designs, mapping documents, and implementation plans
- Develops and creates conceptual, logical, and physical stable network architectures, documentation, maps, test plans, and risk assessments based on customer requirements
- Responsible for acting as the Subject Matter Expert and additional Escalation Engineer
- Leader in troubleshooting and problem resolution of issues
- Demonstrates personal ownership for tasks assigned, working independently and with limited direct supervision
- Responsible for creating high quality products with minimal defects
- Shares industry knowledge and helps other team members within the department
- No travel required
- Hands-on experience with Multi-cast, and other Networking Protocols (OSPF, BGP, IP, TCP, UDP, SSL, etc.)
- Minimum of 5-10 years as a contributor on a Network Engineering Team
- Experience with and in depth knowledge of VOIP, Outlook, Citrix, RDP, and other popular business applications
- Skilled with Cloud applications
- Expert at building/configuring network infrastructures to support major data centers’ Internet host & networking services
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Experience working with multiple vendor equipment (firewalls, routers, switches, etc.) a MUST
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with various key stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptability, proactive, and willingness to take ownership
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, and Routing Technologies
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math or related fields.
- CCIE preferred
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in replying to all applicants within 24 – 48 business hours of receiving your resume. Our interview process encompasses several stages, including a phone interview and an in-person interview!
This gives us a chance to get to know you better, professional and technically, while you get the opportunity to better understand our culture and the work that drives us! Please send your resume to Talarifirstname.lastname@example.org and we look forward to speaking with you!