An SD-WAN Driver is the main reason an organization should, or is interested in, adoption of SD-WAN.
The drivers for SD-WAN adoption – the main reason organizations are interested in adoption of SD-WAN - will vary among businesses (including business type and size). However, the most popular business drivers for upgrading networks include:
- Bandwidth optimization (load sharing, cost reduction)
- Improved security, especially with applications
- Integration with an existing WAN
- Automation and self-provisioning
- The need for redundancy (no loss in connection/bandwidth)
- Software replacing hardware (emulation rather than hardware component expenses)